Trivia Question d'Week
Here's one of my favorite questions from last week:
Q: In modern times, a "bit" is considered the basic unit of digital technology, but at one time, a "bit" referred to how much money?
A: 12.5¢, or $0.125, or 1/8-dollar, or 1/2-of-a-quarter
from Trivia Round:
Until we're all able to be back at the bars and restaurants together, I'm hosting a virtual Trivia Night every week!
Here's how it works:
Questions & Answers
- Four Rounds of Questions
- Ten 1-pt Questions & a 2-pt Bonus Question. Each round a different subject.
- Keep Track of Your Own Answers
- Use your own paper or notepad app. No need to submit any answers.
- Grade Your Own Papers
- I’ll show the answers after each round. Again, the honor system applies.
Friends & Enemies
- Play Solo
- ‘Cause you wanna see what you’ve got. Or, you don’t play well with others.
- Play as a Team
- Even in different homes, using your favorite group chat app.
- Play Against Each Other
- Show your roommates who the smart one really is. ;-)
Cash & Prizes?
- No Buy In! Play for FREE!
- But feel free to tip your host. (Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.)
- Just for FUN! (Sorry, no Prizes.)
- Since I can’t monitor or prevent cheating, I can’t fairly award prizes.
- Honor System - Please don’t cheat
- What would be the point? (Such Trolls are not welcome here.)
Schedule & Timing
- Every Tuesday Night 'till they let me host in the bars again
- 7pm [PDT] / 10pm [EDT]
- I'll continue hosting online after I'm back in the bars, but the specific night of the week might change.
- Each round lasts about 20 min
- Give or take a few minutes.
- Half-Time Intermission ~ 5 min
- Time to pee, get a drink, etc. Or whatever else you can do in that time.
- Full Game is usually ~1:30-:45.
- Extra time to read rules, tie-breakers, etc, And sometimes I go on tangents.
Get a group of friends (at a safe distance) and if you aren't already sheltering in the same home, decide how you want to communicate with each other during the actual game. I recommend using your favorite group-chat app. If you also want to play against other friends as teams, you are welcome to compare scores directly.
I will also collect scores at half-time, as I normally do in the bars, but providing your score is totally voluntary.
And since there's no way I can control or prevent cheating (yet), there will be no official prizes or anything like that. I'm just doing this to help provide a bit of fun and entertainment while we're all stuck at home.
No Buy-In, but tipping your host is highly encouraged since this is my only income right now.
I'll present it with Zoom, using a new link each night. Check back here for each night's link. Download the Zoom app in advance to make things easier.
I'll be hosting both Tuesday night at 7pm [PDT] / 10pm [EDT].
- Four rounds of questions (Ten at 1-pt, plus a 2-pt Bonus Question)
- Each round a different subject.
- Visual Rounds!
- Audio Rounds!
- Tons of FUN!